Reign of the Undead - Revolution
Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience - Printable Version

+- Reign of the Undead - Revolution (https://modszombies.com)
+-- Forum: Reign of the Undead (https://modszombies.com/forum-Reign-of-the-Undead)
+--- Forum: Ideas (https://modszombies.com/forum-Ideas--25)
+--- Thread: Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience (/thread-Ideas-concerning-improvement-of-gaming-experience)

Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience - asdffreestyler - 04-08-2014

Hi I'm asdf, and i've got some ideas to improve the servers features.

The most important thing that i have been noticing while playing was that the Primary weapons are (with a few exceptions) strongly underpowered compared to the Secundary, standard equiped, one-shot-kill pistol.

When i play a zombie shooter i rather spray mass amounts of zombies with a LMG, but in RotU i rarely find a gun that can match the killing results of my desert eagle. The barrett .50 fires 10 or 20 rounds all 1 shot 1 kill, while i need nearly an entire mag of any other assault rifle or mg to kill 1 after round 10 or so. I would like to see how the large mgs dominate the massed up zombies so my Primary doesn't have to look underrated. When i for example bought a new gun 10 times with 10 times the result of me choosing for my d'eagle instead of my Primary, i'm starting to get a bit dissapointed. So my first point is:

1) Primary>Secundary

Definately in the first rounds the standard pistol can be one shot one kill, but after the zombies get stronger, i would like to see the pistol having to get upgraded to d'eagle in order for it to become a one shot one kill weapon. So in other words: Keep the d'eagle upgrade and make this the factor that decides that the secundary pistol becomes 1s1k. The standard pistol wil have to get reduced in strenght in that way, that it won't be 1s1k anymore and you have to pay (10k d'eagle upgrade) for it to be 1s1k.

2) For more effective Primary weapons to compensate the drive to use your d'eagle as your primary, i would like to see the option of upgrading your Primary weapon to increase damage output, reload speed, etc. with some nice visual effects like in black ops zombies (colored flash, colored bullets)

These are the first 2 ideas, i'll post the rest tomorrow as it's kinda late atm.

RE: Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience - asdffreestyler - 04-09-2014

stronger mgs
weapons upgradable
- cheaper and effective nades and other throwables, like blowing 3-5 zombies at once for lets say 10 for 2.5k
-special weapon box 40k (with flamer, the plasma gun, bow caster, rocket launcher, minigun)
- rocket launcher (bazooka with faster reload or something)
- panzer fausts spawning in the map
- smaller maps with cutoff points so zombies can get mass slaughtered
- knifing more effective by applying radius of effect (as i noticed how ineffective the tomahawk is), maybe add some melee weapons that can be bought from the walls, just as standard weapons (like cod 5 zombies), such as spade, chainsaw, baseball bat, samurai sword.
- minigun more effective, larger flare
- shotguns (or more of them as ive seen few)
- several optional crosshairs
- bosses get dealt damage equal to the weapons damage output
- different bosses waves
- more waves
- optional huds
- the harder to kill the zombies, the more points they give when killed, or
- points per hit instead of per kill
- slower the minigun bash and remove the annoying finger jam
- remove the red flying fire balls, or
- give ability for immunity to it
- if maintaining the hitler bosses, correct 'now shot them' to 'now shoot them'
- change 'i need a MEDIC !!' to 'MEDIC!'
- awaremaking signal when obtained damage boost
- m of m16 in white

todays findings
- the 40k pistol upgrade leaves me with a gun that is 0.5 times the damage of my original gun. that means that i pay 40k for a decrease of damage output. make that thing full auto 1 shot 1 kill or something, something worth the money.
- the clonetrooper blaster needs a large flare or flying laser projectiles, something that gives life to its appearance
- reduce recoill on a large amount of weapons. take for an example the standard thompson, i spray an entire mag and the direction im firing in remains mostly unaffected
- make semi auto rifles like gewehr, m1 garand 1 shot 1 kill
- change the 10 | 0 ammo sniper to real unlimited (as i had come to ran out of ammo with this gun) or change the 0 to the real amount

RE: Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience - asdffreestyler - 04-09-2014

-turret slightly more powerfull
-add standard (cod uo) weapons such as thompson, bar, .50 cal
-add real jeeps in 'base' (think of the devastation of jeeps hovering around with .50 firing)
-ability to choose a primairy instead of random out of 3, or
-everyone starts with the same primairy
-pipebombs cheaper + more effective
-include voting option in menu; restart map, skip outro

RE: Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience - asdffreestyler - 04-10-2014

-'get this mod now' unneccesary, as the user is already playing on it, u could make that 'Get premium now', but i'd rather keep that blank
-music, ill check for better music
-remove thump after skorpion bash
-change g36 sound and remove pullback sound on its reload
-remove the feature of being able to stand up whilst in revive mode
-reign of undead intermission screen changed to an overwhelming picture/image (ill look for that)
-in doomed, add directional arrows to guide to the exit and remove the brazilian party music, again ill check for a better alternative
-lighting/shading in doomed, outside, adjusted to moonlight appearance
-hk21 recoill more centered, larger mag (40 bullets whilst the bar has 50), and larger bullet capacity (only 280 for a LMG, even less then the standard m16)
-add ak47, and mw2 shotguns such as aa12, m1014 and models (if possible) and make the shotguns effective against individuals and blobs
-the bushes in the middle of cemetery a smaller radius of block, or full ability to move through it

RE: Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience - Domovoy - 04-10-2014

well..
i feel someone will have a lot of work to do Smile

RE: Ideas concerning improvement of gaming experience - asdffreestyler - 04-11-2014

-zombies cant fly so savespots are infact savespots
-sentry turrets stop firing after outro has been started

yes it would be alot of work but im here to make suggestions. These features and tweaks would (for me personally) improve the server alot.

if i knew how to edit all of these things i would myself, but as im new(b) in the modding scene, theres alot i have to learn in order to be able to contribute in terms of modifications. I've been reading on the internet and watched some tutorials, but i think most of these issues will have to be handled by somewhat more professional people as they have more experience and skills in taking on these adjustments.