Reign of the Undead - Revolution
Direction of the game . - Printable Version

+- Reign of the Undead - Revolution (https://modszombies.com)
+-- Forum: Reign of the Undead (https://modszombies.com/forum-Reign-of-the-Undead)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://modszombies.com/forum-Discussion--24)
+--- Thread: Direction of the game . (/thread-Direction-of-the-game)

Direction of the game . - phildepain - 12-07-2020

I'm going to write about my thoughts of the game tomorrow.
I welcome all your opinions.
My list of questions coming soon.

RE: Direction of the game . - phildepain - 12-08-2020

(12-07-2020, 10:27 PM)phildepain Wrote: I'm going to write about my thoughts of the game tomorrow.
I welcome all your opinions.
My list of questions coming soon.

Hi all,
There seems to be an issue with how to approach wave 16. I’d like to open a discussion to consider solutions.
In my opinion wave 16 is a strategically important wave. It greatly affects whether the game is won or lost. Players charge their batteries (either the standard 200e for premium or the extended battery bought from the shop) with energy via a collector which is then used to help players and the team against Helga and the final wave (especially against dogs).
Players are approaching wave 16 in different ways and before considering solutions we really need to look at how this affects the game.
There are 3 areas I’d like to explore, your opinions are very welcome and needed.
1.      Player motivation
2.      The battery
3.      Language / communication issues
Here’s a quick overview before we see how these impact the game in general and especially wave 16.
1.Player motivation:
In my opinion there are 3 types of players – this is in no way a judgement
1.      Come to kill as priority
2.      Be top of the leader board as priority
3.      Playing strategically as priority
Some players can be in more than one type, but this is a general view.
2. The battery
Do all players need to increase their battery?
We know that the more energy we all have the more chance we have of completing a round.
How big should the ideal batter be?
In my initial experience, if a collector is placed where e-zombies enter (and if nobody shoots them entering) a player may get up to 5-600 energy. If you have a bigger battery then you need to circle the e-zombies around your battery to quickly fill. This is good if several players cooperate by placing their collectors together in an open space, big enough to run around the collector.  This, while being a good strategy is open to other players, generally the ‘come to kill type’ wiping out your group of e-zombies – easy pickings for points.
Some players need to understand that the energy collected will be used to help both them and the team to win.
How big should a battery be? Batteries ideally should of a size that can be filled and used up in a round. In my experience I use about 800e per round helping other players. So my suggestion that a battery bigger than say 1200e is unnecessary if we play the wave 16 as a team. Mine is bigger, but that I now see is a mistake, I can’t fill it (1700e) or need it in a round.
But, the question remains. People reading this will mostly already be using a battery and collector. This means that they have invested in using wave 16 to collect energy. What do we do with the come to kill players, players with no battery and players that don’t understand English? I do have some ideas but i’d like to hear your experiences good and bad, before we consider options. It could be that I am only one frustrated by wave 16.
I know this is a long post – but we need to consider the thought and time that has gone into this new element of the game.
I’d like to know what you all think and then we can look at potential solutions.

RE: Direction of the game . - tesa - 12-08-2020

Thank u for ur opinion I'll think of it ..
And ya about batteries it's important to save e but as I have only 30 battery I can only save up to 300 and is not sufficient for me to help others and myself so u would like to also say save coins to buy battery I am regretting that I wasted coins on e before the Idea of battery came and we also need team cooperation to save e

RE: Direction of the game . - imo - 12-08-2020

Very intersting phile 

Tesa you can increase your battery with ACDC challenge (+100 battery)

RE: Direction of the game . - tesa - 12-09-2020

Oh thanks u

RE: Direction of the game . - phildepain - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 04:46 AM)tesa Wrote: Oh thanks u

I think we can close this topic. 
I would like to take the opportunity to thank Fabio and other developers for their effort in creating new ideas and updates.
Personally, I thought it was very creative, a new twist to the game, but it seems to have got lost in its translation.
As I said, probably it just me that finds it a bit frustrating, turns out it's true.

Thanks
Phil

RE: Direction of the game . - fabio - 12-09-2020

Hey Phil,

thanks for your thread.
I agree to your observations, many players don't know (yet), how to use or gain battery/energy.
We have to keep in mind that this wave is very new and players have to get used to it. With time they will surely understand how to play it.

Anyway, we're currently working on a full translation of the mod to eliminate all language problems.
Additionally I want to add some small texts, that explain Wave 16 and make players place collectors.
I think if players placed a collector once, they will quickly understand how it works.

Tell me what you think.

best regards,
-Fabio

RE: Direction of the game . - phildepain - 12-09-2020

(12-09-2020, 04:04 PM)phildepain Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 02:17 PM)fabio Wrote: Hey Phil,

thanks for your thread.
I agree to your observations, many players don't know (yet), how to use or gain battery/energy.
We have to keep in mind that this wave is very new and players have to get used to it. With time they will surely understand how to play it.

Anyway, we're currently working on a full translation of the mod to eliminate all language problems.
Additionally I want to add some small texts, that explain Wave 16 and make players place collectors.
I think if players placed a collector once, they will quickly understand how it works.

Tell me what you think.

best regards,
-Fabio

Thanks Fabio.
True, it's early days. I think the small texts are a great idea. Can they be auto translated into the local operating system?
Perhaps that requires a lot and would be a real headache.
It's only really a few players that don't respond, definitely a language issue.
The same sometimes happens in boss waves when they don't understand that grenades are needed.
Thanks again
Phil