Reign of the Undead - Revolution
Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - Printable Version

+- Reign of the Undead - Revolution (https://modszombies.com)
+-- Forum: Reign of the Undead (https://modszombies.com/forum-Reign-of-the-Undead)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://modszombies.com/forum-Discussion--24)
+--- Thread: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? (/thread-Why-did-everyone-start-playing-RotU-instead-of-the-original-zombies)

Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - Death{-*-}$hot - 09-23-2013

I don't understand, I feel like RotU killed off Call of Duty Zombies for me, the original stayed around for around 6 years but now it's been replaced with a "better" version, I still would love to play with anyone who wants to play the original zombies.

But anyway, why does everyone go on RotU, it justs the same maps over and over it's always repetitive and.... boring.

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - TheBaz - 09-24-2013

A lot of players liked Surv mode back on Zom v3, so I guess Fabio decided to make RotU knowing it would please a lot of players... of course this also meant the vast majority of Zom v3 players abandoning it and playing RotU full time, unfortunately. But I guess a lot of people like RotU because it's got the easy aspects of playing as Hunters on Zom v3, and just killing a lot of bot zombies and there's no chance being killed and becoming a Zombie, which most people didn't seem to like on Zom v3... not me though I loved playing as Zombie

I'd love to continue playing Zom v3 but I rarely see anybody else on
I didn't play RotU much because I found it really easy and not particularly exciting compared to Zom v3... I'd go on when I see a new map though... speaking of which, I am making a new one, and Fabioooo, did you add those other ones I sent you?
zom_moonbase, zom_spaceship, zom_1945, zom_v35_city?

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - Death{-*-}$hot - 09-24-2013

Thanks for the reply, perhaps if we got seven people a day, maybe people would go back to that and more people would go to the Zombie V3 one. I LOVED being a zombie and a Hunter in V3 but now I can't because no ones comes online.... I wait for like 30 minutes for one person to come on, sometimes one person does, we talk about RotU and what we think about it and wonder if people will come on it. I wish it'd be back in the day where you could get around 16 people.... seriously, I hate RotU, no offense Fabio at all but it just doesn't seem like the zombie action I was expecting, I want to play it competitively but fun at the same time, not with some bots.

So Baz, I was wondering if you'd like to try to get more people onto the Zombie V3 server? If people do come on that server then there honestly needs to be some things reverted into it, some maps don't have the music that it originally did such as the map "Bounce!" where the music would play. I don't know why that's edited out. It'd be great if they could put it back. I want to see the usual maps back too like "Fun Jeep Map"

If anyone would like to come together for a nice Zombie V3 action, I'll add your name to the top and maybe we can meet up together. Are you in Baz?

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - Soldier . . . - 09-24-2013

I prefer ZOM above RotU. But I'm in my graduation period now, so I don't have any/much time to play.

I do think that the experienced (die-hard) players are to strong.
So when there are new players that want to try playing.
They get killed way to fast so that they don't like it and leave.

Maybe we should introduce levels for players.
- level 1 for new players
- level 2 for normal players
- level 3 for pro players

(example)
level 1: is 1,5 times easier to kill then level 2. (player causes more damage to other players)
level 2: is like it now is.
level 3: is 1,5 a 2 times harder to kill then level 2. (player causes lower damage to other players)

I think it's the best to let the level-up from 1 to 2 go automatically after a certain amount of time.
And that a admins gives the player a level 3 status if necessary.

This way it hopefully will stay a challenge for all players.
And is the game more balanced.

Greets,

Soldier . . .

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - TheBaz - 09-25-2013

(09-24-2013, 01:39 AM)Death{-*-}$hot Wrote: I wish it'd be back in the day where you could get around 16 people
This would be amazing, Zom v3 was stilling getting at least 10+ players a day before RotU opened... though CoD UO is dieing quickly so it'll be even harder to get a reliably active server...

(09-24-2013, 01:39 AM)Death{-*-}$hot Wrote: So Baz, I was wondering if you'd like to try to get more people onto the Zombie V3 server?
I've tried this before, with no success

(09-24-2013, 10:18 PM)Soldier . . . Wrote: I do think that the experienced (die-hard) players are to strong.
So when there are new players that want to try playing.
They get killed way to fast so that they don't like it and leave.
This is true, in my opinion

(09-24-2013, 10:18 PM)Soldier . . . Wrote: level 1: is 1,5 times easier to kill then level 2. (player causes more damage to other players)
level 2: is like it now is.
level 3: is 1,5 a 2 times harder to kill then level 2. (player causes lower damage to other players)
You would suggest this to affect just the Hunters, right... RIGHT?! Don't take away my 1-hit knives and 1-hit shovel/pitchfork on SW when you hit them in the head Sad

With the level system on RotU I guess it would be possible to add, but would Fabio implement it? (And while we're talking about making changes to the mod, please nerf the PPSh, G36, the pistol, and add a longer delay between spamming mines [Image: casanova.gif])

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - Death{-*-}$hot - 09-26-2013

With the level system on RotU I guess it would be possible to add, but would Fabio implement it? (And while we're talking about making changes to the mod, please nerf the PPSh, G36, the pistol, and add a longer delay between spamming mines [Image: casanova.gif])
[/quote]

What actually needs nerfing are those snipers, you can combine two snipers together, the two snipers are the Dragnov and the Barret 50 cal, they do around 300 damage PER BULLET. 20 bullets x 300 = 6000, thats enough to kill 6 zombies before reloading both. Dodgy

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - adam445 - 01-06-2014

Please bring back zombies mod v3 I played that for hours and seeing it be replaced by this stupid PVE zombie mod makes me unhappy Sad

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/90018714-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/51237451-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/44256884-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/49637436-4.jpg

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - fabio - 01-06-2014

Good old times yea...

There was a Zombies v3 server running few weeks ago and no one visited it...
Everyone keeps playing RotU or Deathrun

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - adam445 - 01-06-2014

i lost my CD Key like a year old and just recently rebought cod1 and uo. if a few people joined when most people play cod uo im sure it will get people playing it again.

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - fabio - 01-07-2014

i could start a third server with zombie mod 1
Ill take zom v1 with some extras. i think its more epic than v3 1 or what do you think?

RE: Why did everyone start playing RotU instead of the original zombies? - adam445 - 01-07-2014

I can't remember the difference between v1 and v3 but yeah would be cool 1

also i cant remember the name of my Favourite map it was this big wooden structure and you can crawl under the stairs and into these invisible glass boxes like each side of the map.

might have been ew_fantasy or something

if you give me like a download of all the maps that would be great 1