Reign of the Undead - Revolution
a glitch in Medic and Collector - Printable Version

+- Reign of the Undead - Revolution (https://modszombies.com)
+-- Forum: Reign of the Undead (https://modszombies.com/forum-Reign-of-the-Undead)
+--- Forum: Bugs (https://modszombies.com/forum-Bugs--23)
+--- Thread: a glitch in Medic and Collector (/thread-a-glitch-in-Medic-and-Collector)

a glitch in Medic and Collector - |MODS| Reaper - 02-09-2022

hey,

- Medic player when try to revive others in wave 16  ( skeleton zombies ) continue bashing him without any damage but able to take his energy and Slow him down too even if he already started the revive and completed more than 25 percent of it ( Medic is the only class that able to revive others in this wave ) .

- Range of the collector looks working in reverse way 1 when we kill zombies far from it we get more energy than killing near or on the collector in close Range .

Best Regards,
Fronty

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - fabio - 02-09-2022

Hi,

- the skeletons shouldn't bash the player directly but other players close to him. And when they do the energy boom they take enegry from all players in range, not only the attacked one. That's intentional. But again, they shouldn't attack medics while reviving. Please make sure that's the case, thanks.

- Energy given by collector is random, range doesn't matter

Best regards,
-Fabio

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - |MODS| Reaper - 02-10-2022

- it's a different case when he is on way to revive , bots follow him as normal but when he catch the down player and start reviving,
for a few seconds ---> they still able to see and follow him, that leads to some bashes depend on how many followed,
no health damage, no interrupt for the revive but here is the glitch unnecessary energy boom and energy lose .
---> can medic have a lock on energy in the first second of revives so can't lose energy same lock like down player to avoid glitchy drunk zombies 1  or even if there is a lag from server side or player side .

- for the collector case i feel killing far gives (11 : 12) energy and on collector gives (8 : 9) energy 1  .

thanks in advanced Fabs,
Fronty

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - fabio - 02-10-2022

- I will double check that, bots shouldn't follow medics when they revive

- It's still random Smile And it will stay random Smile

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - Soldier . . . - 02-10-2022

So far I know zombies will first finish there move to the last point that has been set for them (most of them are the grid points where they move on).
Because the medic (class fully upgraded) is so fast in reviving, most of the zombies are not finished which there move and does it look as if they have continuously targeting you.

Maybe the medic players need to get some extra time to let the zombies turn away.
a solution would be to let the medic revive players with F as usual.
But as long as the medic keeps F pressed the zombies ignore them both.
With a limit that they still cant move until the medic release F.
And F pressed only works for a few seconds after the revive.

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - |MODS| Reaper - 02-10-2022

- Medic speed in Running or Reviving are Not the problem and Not causing any bugs.

- the glitch is bots not turn away and ignore medic in the same second he starts the revive not just in wave 16 it's in all waves they bash medic for a second then ignore him.

- in that second bash have no damage and no interrupt for the revive in other waves  .

- in wave 16 is a little different they bash and cause energy boom to steal energy .

- bots ignore medic too late .

a solution could be :
- medic gets auto lock for his energy on the moment he starts the revive . 
- or some how they ignore medic more faster when he starts the revive .

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - Soldier . . . - 02-10-2022

so they "attack" during a medic is reviving.

Do all medic players complain about this?
Because you have a high ping and the server makes the decisions in what zombies do.
In other words you have a relative big time difference between what the server sees and what you see on your screen.

So while on your screen you just started reviving, the server sees you still walking towards a downed player.
And let the zombies still targeting you. Until the server sees that you are reviving.

Don't know or this can be solved with a server side only adjustment.

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - |MODS| Reaper - 02-11-2022

- medic players maybe didn't noticed that, or they just camp for their own collectors .

- my ping is not super high or super cool it's just normal, i get just bad fps in fog of gas bots but not a big problem .

- i completely understand about online fps games "what server see and what we see" .

- in simply words we got many times Helga sleeping  1  in our bubble for a sec when we open bubble a little late then it ignore us and turn away,
same thing with medics in revives but it's a little different in wave 16 skeleton cause energy boom .

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - fabio - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 08:07 PM)Soldier . . . Wrote: So far I know zombies will first finish there move to the last point that has been set for them (most of them are the grid points where they move on).
Because the medic (class fully upgraded) is so fast in reviving, most of the zombies are not finished which there move and does it look as if they have continuously targeting you.

I think this is the key problem Frontzet is describing here.
Zombies don't turn around or stop midway unless they are close to the targeted player.

We're currently testing to stop the zombies midway and make them searching a new target if the currently targeted player is not targetable anymore for some reason (e.g. reviving, bubble, etc)

Otherwise if the zombie already started his attack and the medic then starts reviving he will always receive energy damage

RE: a glitch in Medic and Collector - |MODS| Reaper - 02-11-2022

- yes Faby zombies don't turn away or stop immediately in this case, they reach the spot where medic stood and already started the revive then bash one time and ignore him .

- they realize the reviving and bubbles too late 1  , we gonna need new zombies with artificial intelligence ( A.I ) Tongue  .