Reign of the Undead - Revolution
Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - Printable Version

+- Reign of the Undead - Revolution (https://modszombies.com)
+-- Forum: Reign of the Undead (https://modszombies.com/forum-Reign-of-the-Undead)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://modszombies.com/forum-Discussion--24)
+--- Thread: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings (/thread-Reign-of-the-Undead-Optimal-Settings)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - Mambu - 02-10-2021

Hello dear players!

I will update this thread so that everyone has a better overview and should understand what these commands are all about.
Lets start!
How to use these Commands?, Easy!. Just Start the Game -> Go In-Game (RotU) -> Open Your Console with [^] Key! Below ESC key.

Main Settings: (This means that these commands are standard and everyone should know them.)

1.) /com_maxfps 333
2.) /cg_drawfps 1
3.) /rate 25000
4.) /cl_maxpackets 100 
5.) /snaps 40 
6.) /cg_lagometer 1
7.) /com_hunkmegs 256

Importance: (Main Settings)
1.) com_maxfps -> That means, if you enter a higher volume the game will run better. (Highest Volume = 1000)
2.) cg_drawfps -> This command shows you your FPS. (Top Right) (Highest Volume = 2)
3.) rate -> The command "rate" is there to ensure that your gaming experience (ping) does not fluctuate. This means the less your "rate", the higher your ping. (Highest Volume = 25000)
4.) cl_maxpackets -> determines the maximum number of Game World updates sent by the client per second. That means, higher Volume is better. (Highest Volume = 100)
5.) snaps -> Unfortunately I forgot the meaning, If you know it again let me know!.  (Highest Volume = 40)
6.) cg_lagometer -> It's easy to understand ... the command "lagometer" shows you the connections you currently have on the server. (Ping, packet loss) (Highest Volume = 1)
7.) com_hunkmegs -> sets the allowed memory for the graphics of the game. I recommend that you allow this at "256", above this can lead to game crashes. (Highest Volume = *)

*NOTE: The less resolution you have in the game, the more FPS you will achieve.

Advanced Commands:

1.) r_overbrightbits 0 
2.) r_Displayrefresh "Put_your_Hz_here" 
3.) r_displayrefh "Put_your_Hz_here"
4.) r_displayrefreshrate "Put_your_Hz_here"
5.) r_gamma
6.) r_customwidth 1920
7.) r_customheight 1080
8.) r_mode -1
9.) vid_restart
10.) Updatescreen
11.) r_borderless 0
12.) cg_chatheight 8

Importance: (Advanced Commands)
1.) r_overbrightbits -> Many players have problems with the brightness settings, e.g. the command "r_gamma" there is usually always an error. You can use this command to solve this problem. (Highest Volume = 1) *MUST BE 0! 
2.) r_Displayrefresh -> As the order says ... The repetition rate of the monitor! Everyone of you knows monitors with (60, 75, 120, 144, 240 Hz.) The command adds your Hz number in-game. (Highest Volume = *max)
3.) The meaning is basically exactly the same as the first. *(WATCH 2.))
4.) The meaning is basically exactly the same as the first. *(WATCH 2.))
5.) r_gamma -> With this command, you can adjust your brightness to your liking! (Highest Volume = *max)
6.) r_customwidth -> Changing your Resolution in-game (Example: Full HD Gameplay 1920*1080) this command stand for "width" (1920) you can change it however you like
[b]7.) r_customwidth -> Changing your Resolution in-game (Example: Full HD Gameplay 1920*1080) this command stand for "height" (1080) [b]you can change it however you like
[/b][/b]8.) r_mode -> You need this command, to change your Resolution's in-game, (r_mode -1)
9.) vid_restart -> Restart's the game and Refresh your Game Sets.
10.) updatescreen -> Yes... updating your screen Smile
11.) r_borderless -> As the name suggests... Borderless... (Standard 0 | Borderless 1)
12.) cg_chatheight -> With this command you can change the chat size, but many use it to turn it off. (*STANDARD = 8 | 0 = Off)

*More Commands coming soon!
i hope its better now, and you understand some of these Commands! 1
Changelog: 21.09.2022
Best regards,
MODS Mambu

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - tesa - 02-10-2021

wat does this do??

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - tesa - 02-10-2021

i mean wat does this commands do can u plz tell more in details

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - Mambu - 02-11-2021

This config (code) will give you more Experience. Smooth gameplay in RotU.
i will add soon more commands. you can get more FPS with this code.

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - tesa - 02-11-2021

oh thanks btw can u plz tell us that what each command do??

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - fiks - 02-11-2021

What of this command can i write in console? Snaps, rate?

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - fabio - 02-11-2021

rate, snaps and cl_maxpackets will be set by RotU automatically. It's nonsense to set them yourself

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - Mambu - 02-22-2021

Hello lads, i fixed the code block ( better overview ). i added 1 new command. "r_gamma" - See codeblock.

best regards,
MODS Team

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - tesa - 02-23-2021

and wat does this do btw??

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - Mambu - 02-23-2021

Like i said already, this give you the optimal settings.
I got the same code into my config, and i can play with stable 333 FPS on any wave.

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - fiks - 02-23-2021

In console write just R_GAMMA ?

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - Mambu - 02-23-2021

yea, you can type it in console.
if you want to toggle it just type:

/bind "key" r_gamma "1.5 2 3"
or
r_gamma "2"

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - tesa - 02-23-2021

(02-23-2021, 10:06 AM)Mambu Wrote: Like i said already, this give you the optimal settings.
I got the same code into my config, and i can play with stable 333 FPS on any wave.

Oh u mean we will have 333fps anytime if our pc is can make to 333??

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - Mambu - 02-24-2021

yea, just stable^^

RE: Reign of the Undead Optimal Settings - tesa - 03-01-2021

do we have to type it every wave or game??