Reign of the Undead - Revolution
Nicknames - Printable Version

+- Reign of the Undead - Revolution (https://modszombies.com)
+-- Forum: Main (https://modszombies.com/forum-Main)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://modszombies.com/forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Nicknames (/thread-Nicknames)

Pages: 1 2

Nicknames - pECo@weed - 01-28-2021

Hi all, i am curious about why some players have my and other players nicknames as their  aliases.
When i search for my nickname in the forum i come up with like 6 results, and only 3 of them are mine, other 3 pECos are some other players, and all  of them have a huge list of aliases made of various players nicknames.
Why is that? I'm just curious, i dont have any problem with that, im just curious why would some player assume other people's nickname.

Much Love

RE: Nicknames - fiks - 01-28-2021

They think it’s funny, but it’s not.

RE: Nicknames - tesa - 01-28-2021

Peco if u are talking about ur profile aliases if the names u use previously

RE: Nicknames - fabio - 01-28-2021

A few years ago we didn't have the account system on the server which we are using now. Player's were verified by their CD Key.
In case you are/were using a public CD key it might have happend that multiple players use the same accounts.

So you can see it as old artifacts. It doesn't happend with the new system, unless someone steals your name

RE: Nicknames - FemmeFatal - 01-28-2021

On other servers I see it all the time aswell pECo, it will say for example "Tesa renamed to Fiks" - meaning that they either used the same CD key / get assigned the same server ID when one of the two has left and the other connects. Or like Fabio mentions if someone steals your name. I've stolen Fabio's name once, so "Fabio" also shows as an alias of mine.

What also happens (rarely) is that COD doesn't see your existing rotu-profile-file, which happened to me a few times too. If that's the case and you click to create a new account, it also creates a new account. Which is why you see (if you search Femme) a LVL 159, 68 and LVL 2.. lol. And you also see a few of the people that had your name or used your name in their own name.

RE: Nicknames - pECo@weed - 01-28-2021

(01-28-2021, 12:43 PM)FemmeFatal Wrote: On other servers I see it all the time aswell pECo, it will say for example "Tesa renamed to Fiks" - meaning that they either used the same CD key / get assigned the same server ID when one of the two has left and the other connects. Or like Fabio mentions if someone steals your name. I've stolen Fabio's name once, so "Fabio" also shows as an alias of mine.

What also happens (rarely) is that COD doesn't see your existing rotu-profile-file, which happened to me a few times too. If that's the case and you click to create a new account, it also creates a new account. Which is why you see (if you search Femme) a LVL 159, 68 and LVL 2.. lol. And you also see a few of the people that had your name or used your name in their own name.

Ok thanks, makes sense. Actually 3 ofthe pECo's i see are mine, i changed pc or cdkey long ago. But i saw other players like damir12 having tons of nicks, like mine therapy and others, and he is playing to the present time. That's odd ^^

Thx for the asnwers

RE: Nicknames - fabio - 01-28-2021

damir12 is one of these public CD Keys I mentioned. Now it's only assigned to one player, but in the past many players used this account.. maybe you too 1

RE: Nicknames - fiks - 01-28-2021

I have own cd key...

RE: Nicknames - FemmeFatal - 01-28-2021

(01-28-2021, 01:40 PM)pECo@weed Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 12:43 PM)FemmeFatal Wrote: On other servers I see it all the time aswell pECo, it will say for example "Tesa renamed to Fiks" - meaning that they either used the same CD key / get assigned the same server ID when one of the two has left and the other connects. Or like Fabio mentions if someone steals your name. I've stolen Fabio's name once, so "Fabio" also shows as an alias of mine.

Ok thanks, makes sense. Actually 3 ofthe pECo's i see are mine, i changed pc or cdkey long ago. But i saw other players like damir12 having tons of nicks, like mine therapy and others, and he is playing to the present time. That's odd ^^

Thx for the asnwers

Funny thing is that I actually own authentic copies of CODUO so authentic codes, and my name (|MODS|FemmeFatal) also shows up at Damir12

RE: Nicknames - phildepain - 02-04-2021

I think the answer is in the name. Mods means that because the game has been hacked, no issue with that, but it does mean you don't need a key. So you can be anonymous and day what ever you want.

RE: Nicknames - phildepain - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 06:28 PM)phildepain Wrote: I think the answer is in the name. Mods means that because the game has been hacked, no issue with that, but it does mean you don't need a key. So you can be anonymous and say what ever you want.

RE: Nicknames - |MODS|RoyaltY - 02-05-2021

Hey Phil,

(02-04-2021, 06:28 PM)phildepain Wrote: I think the answer is in the name. Mods means that because the game has been hacked, no issue with that, but it does mean you don't need a key. So you can be anonymous and day what ever you want.

"MODS" doesn't mean that your CD-KEY has been hacked lol. MODS it's the tag of RotU Team Members.

Being "Anonymous" on Internet is the most important freedom for everybody, I don't see the problem of being "anonymous" on Internet. (I put quotation marks because being anonymous it's really relative).

PS : I invite you not to speculate when you don't know how the game works, this would be misinformation for gullible people. Thanks

Best Regards MODS Team,
Roy

RE: Nicknames - phildepain - 02-05-2021

Interesting Roy.
Thanks. I think....

Banned from shoutbox.
Next? Nice job Roy

It's bizarre, but Roy only seems to want to be offensive.