Reign of the Undead - Revolution
Gloryfying Nazism? - Printable Version

+- Reign of the Undead - Revolution (https://modszombies.com)
+-- Forum: Reign of the Undead (https://modszombies.com/forum-Reign-of-the-Undead)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://modszombies.com/forum-Discussion--24)
+--- Thread: Gloryfying Nazism? (/thread-Gloryfying-Nazism)

Pages: 1 2

Gloryfying Nazism? - A_PRIEST - 01-22-2021

There is a player with the initials "SS" infront of his name. I asked if it means the first thing that comes in mind, and after some insults, apparently not only it means exactly this, but the person appears to be, according to his own admitance, a nazi sympathizer. I would like to know were the admins stand on this issue and if using names that insult millions of dead and, actually, human dignity should be allowed. 

[Image: 9ad7e9.jpeg]

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - phildepain - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 09:56 PM)A_PRIEST Wrote: There is a player with the initials "SS" infront of his name. I asked if it means the first thing that comes in mind, and after some insults, apparently not only it means exactly this, but the person appears to be, according to his own admitance, a nazi sympathizer. I would like to know were the admins stand on this issue and if using names that insult millions of dead and, actually, human dignity should be allowed. 

Interesting
So, the moral of the story is?
Don't throw s stones in glass houses?
Wow this has become bizarre. Royalty to the rescue I presume.
As I said the www is open to all things
Gl all

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - tesa - 01-23-2021

i dont think that we have to control them with their names let them do wat they want and if it is really really bad i think admins should take actions but i would like to say is that its wat they do not us

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - mintxu - 01-23-2021

Eiiii Priest.
I think you have taken the game too seriously and here you have entered a very very sensitive issue when criticizing Nazism.
Stop a bit and think that here there are players from many countries and many religions.
I write you 2 examples:
1- I am Spanish and Spain committed many murders in Latin America (should all Latin Americans hate me?)
2-Muslims invaded Spain and murdered millions of Spaniards. (Should I hate Muslims?).
This is a game.
This is the internet.
This is for fun.
In life there are already many problems, do not find more.
(I do not criticize you, I express my opinion and my advice)

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - mintxu - 01-23-2021

Eiiii Priest.
I think you have taken the game too seriously and here you have entered a very very sensitive issue when criticizing Nazism.
Stop a bit and think that here there are players from many countries and many religions.
I write you 2 examples:
1- I am Spanish and Spain committed many murders in Latin America (should all Latin Americans hate me?)
2-Muslims invaded Spain and murdered millions of Spaniards. (Should I hate Muslims?).
This is a game.
This is the internet.
This is for fun.

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - A_PRIEST - 01-23-2021

(01-22-2021, 10:19 PM)phildepain Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:56 PM)A_PRIEST Wrote: There is a player with the initials "SS" infront of his name. I asked if it means the first thing that comes in mind, and after some insults, apparently not only it means exactly this, but the person appears to be, according to his own admitance, a nazi sympathizer. I would like to know were the admins stand on this issue and if using names that insult millions of dead and, actually, human dignity should be allowed. 

Interesting
So, the moral of the story is?
Don't throw s stones in glass houses?
Wow this has become bizarre. Royalty to the rescue I presume.
As I said the www is open to all things
Gl all

The "moral" of the story is that nazism is the ultimate evil humanity has ever produced. You should have undertood that in a game where the evil boss is hitler dressed in SS uniform.

(01-23-2021, 04:43 AM)tesa Wrote: i dont think that we have to control them with their names let them do wat they want and if it is really really bad i think admins should take actions but i would like to say is that its wat they do not us
 In my opinion, it IS really bad. I have not complained for any nickname, I complain for specific names, connected to nazisim and for no other.

(01-23-2021, 10:49 AM)mintxu Wrote: Eiiii Priest.
I think you have taken the gamI have e too seriously and here you have entered a very very sensitive issue when criticizing Nazism.
I write you 2 examples:
This is a game.
This is the internet.
This is for fun.
I have not taken the game seriously at all, but where ever in my life I find nazi-lovers I oppose them.
Exactly because there are players from many countries and religions we should try not to offend anybody, and the SS were killing people of different countries and religions (and their own countrymen for having different ideology).
The Spanish in Latin America, the muslims in Spain and whoever wherever did not create FACTORIES OF DEATH to exterminate fellow human beings. The SS did it and, YES, we should hate the ideology that lead ordinary people to commit such attrocities.
This is the internet and it is a game for fun, but I think we do not need anybody whitewashing the worst crimes ever commited.

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - |MODS|RoyaltY - 01-23-2021

Hey Priest,

The past belongs to the past, there'is many cowards on internet and that will never change. He's maybe trolling you or he's maybe serious who know?
When we talk about Greek Empire, Roman Empire, Attila the Hun, Napoléon Bonaparte Should we think they are better than Nazism? They killed hundred thousands ppl if it's not in millions. Being shocked because he have his own opinion about Nazism it's one thing, taking away his freedom to think and believe is something else. the freedom of others ends or yours begins, Nazi have killed millions ppl like cowards but it's not a reason to spit on a person who expresses his ideology.

PS : I don't defend the Nazism, I just express what I think of this situation.

Best Regards,
Roy

(01-23-2021, 03:19 PM)|MODS|RoyaltY Wrote: Hey Priest,

The past belongs to the past, there'is many cowards on internet and that will never change. He's maybe trolling you or he's maybe serious who know?
When we talk about Greek Empire, Roman Empire, Attila the Hun, Napoléon Bonaparte Should we think they are better than Nazism? They killed hundred thousands ppl if it's not in millions. Being shocked because he have his own opinion about Nazism it's one thing, taking away his freedom to think and believe is something else. the freedom of others ends or yours begins, Nazi have killed millions ppl like cowards but it's not a reason to spit on a person who expresses his ideology.

PS : I don't defend the Nazism, I just express what I think of this situation.

Best Regards,
Roy

This is, of course, not defending nazism, but you are accepting its right to exist, a thing that is not acceptable for sure in Germany and Greece, maybe in other countries as well. And because of my studies as a historian-archaeologist, setting in the same scale nazism with the great empires of antiquity or recent times, this is an insult to history on its own. Alexander the Great, Caesar, Napoleon or even Attila, they never conquered with the objective to anihilate peoples, religions, cultures. After the fighting was done, people were preserved, even offered ways to improve their lives, so income will come for the empire(s).
So neo-nazi-sympathizers can have their ideas in their head, but my opinion is they should not be allowed to demostrate them in anyway. The moment we think that "oh its just an ideology like all others" is the moment we leave a door open for this humanity-hating ideas to crawl -exactly like the zombies in the game- back in society.

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - |MODS|RoyaltY - 01-23-2021

Just know one thing. The crusaders wasn't here to say hello to muslims but to anihilate them, all religions and ideology fought their wars for territory or because of religions. Christians who kill Muslims are nicer than Nazis who kill Jews?. Says empires never conquered with ojective to anihilate peoples it's false. They took many lands, killed many peoples and enslaved others.

(01-23-2021, 05:25 PM)|MODS|RoyaltY Wrote: Just know one thing. The crusaders wasn't here to say hello to muslims but to anihilate them, all religions and ideology fought their wars for territory or because of religions. Christians who kill Muslims are nicer than Nazis who kill Jews?. Says empires never conquered with ojective to anihilate peoples it's false. They took many lands, killed many peoples and enslaved others.

You should also know that christians and muslims lived in harmony for most of the time, beetween the fighting that was lasting not so long as you think. Christians and Muslims killing eachother, never did it in an industrial scale and way like the nazis. And empires never anihilated people without reason (that to us might seem wrong, but this is irrelevant). The point with nazis is that in the 20th century, after enlightenment and after all the advancements of human science and knowledge, they behaved worse than the worse "barbarians" of history. And this happened in our fathers' time, not 1000 or 2000 years ago.

RE: Gloryfying Nazism? - phildepain - 01-23-2021

I know my opinion is irritating but consider...
There aren't players glorifying the crusaders... Yet ...
This is just hate speech, and whether it is to be idealoligical or just to irritate another player, it's not really appropriate.
I thought that there was some progress in the acceptable in game chat guidelines.
Here is my concern and I say this because, as I have stated many times, I appreciate all the hard work to make this game.
You can be banned for saying idiot 3 times. But you can be as offensive as you like, but as long as you don't say idiot, well that's just fine.
I recall hope being banned for saying stfu, but best was really offensive to L admins without any issue.
Now, in the last few days we have had the lord's prayer warped and twisted and support for Nazis. If they had just said idiot then they would be banned.
I accept the right of freedom of speech but honestly, look what happened to Charlie hebdo.
This is supposed to be a game not a place of insults.
Rules have to be made and enforced consistently for those that have no conscience to discern for themselves what is appropriate behaviour.
My final point is that, if there are any children playing this game then the responsibility of duty of care lies at your feet.
I apologize if I have offended anyone with my personal view. I don't like to criticise but I do get irritated by contradictions.

Remember, that while ss didn't actually say he was a Holocaust denier, that this issue is so sensitive that it is actually a criminal offence in Germany?
Consider why that is?

My last comment
I've been very disturbed by what has happened here.
So Jimmy runs to the staff room and says... The children are saying bad things.
He says it as he is opening the door.
An adult pauses the remote in his hand.....
He's wearing only underpants.
There all watching something he doesn't understand.... He's just a child.
The perv says, Jimmy you can come and go as you want.. There no real lock on this door...

I'm out!