Reign of the Undead - Revolution

Full Version: RotU SoundTrack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yo!

I was thinking about this thread a long time and finally I decided to make it.

A lot of players for sure like RotU SoundTrack in waves, right? I also like it, but sometimes I think it's overused a lil bit. C'mon, who doesn't think like this sometimes? Who doesn't want to turn on own music sometimes? Even who doesn't want to listen full RotU SoundTrack? So here comes my idea. Why there can't be something like a Music Player in Menu?

Basically it can be added to this menu (CLICK) and inside could have something like this: CLICK

Now a small description of the turn:

"ON / OFF" under "Music Player" will be responsible for turning on or off music in the game.
"Shuffle: Yes / No" will be responsible for the ability to shuffle songs or turn one after the other.
However, all these numbers below are songs that can be run directly. After the end of the song will be played next track. It will also be added to these numbers titles, so you can easily find specific pieces of the whole set RotU SoundTrack.

The biggest change will certainly be the fact that the songs will not play and changed after each wave. I also think that this kind of player, although it may take a little megabits, it will help to diversify the issue of giving something new audio players. Also, if the pieces were separated from the rest of the files modification rotu it would allow in the future to refresh the track list. Even on RotU Forum can be started new Thread about "Music Propositions", then just simply before an update become a vote of Top Songs (these songs will be added to RotU).

You guys probably don't know me well, but I'm a guy full of ideas in my head and also I'm good with everything related to music.

So what are you thinking guys about this? Tongue
You know, if its possible, I'd like to see this done. Looks great to me! Hope Fabs likes the idea as well.
Alright guys! Here's some info about this idea.

Idea looks cool, a lot of you guys probably will love it, but probably not everyone will like to download a huge pack of songs. Well, we have 3 options to make this idea alive, but we need your opinion. All options are just examples, so everything may be different at the end. Here's the options:

1. Add less songs, but with good quality.
Basically one song (talking about 4 mins) will weight +/- 4 MB, so (for ex.) will be added 15 songs. Pack of SoundTrack will weight +/- 60 MB.

2. Add more, but worse quality songs.
Basically one song (talking about 4 mins) will weight +/- 1,8 MB, so (for ex.) will be added 30 songs, but like I said quality of songs will be worse. Pack of SoundTrack will weight +/- 54 MB.

3. Add more and good quality songs.
Basically one song (talking about 4 mins) will weight +/- 4 MB, so (for ex.) will be added 30 songs, but downloading may be longer for some players. Pack of SoundTrack will weight +/- 120 MB.

Here's an example of one song:

Weight of exactly this one is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOcXB_Kj...5&index=16
3,48 MB (Stereo, 44100Hz, 32-bit float, 128kb/s, mp3 file)
Like you can hear quality is really good and weight of file (let's say) is typpical for mp3 files.

In lower quality:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2266469857
1,74 MB (Stereo, 44100Hz, 32-bit float, 64kb/s, mp3 file)
Like you can hear quality isn't that good, but weight of file is much more lower.

1 This may help us make some decisions about this idea, so please give us your vote in poll and write your opinion below. 1

UPDATE!

It's only my personal opinion, but I think it would be best to add more and good quality songs. You know, you don't have to download it everytime, when you're joining the game. Also more songs means less updating them, so for ex. pack of 30 songs good quality can be updated every 3-6 months.

Also we should do something with forum activity - more people on forum means more comments, more ideas and more fun. This also makes this forum more popular. So keep inviting players of RotU on this site.

1 SO LEAVE A VOTE AND SOME YOUR OPINIONS! 1