Reign of the Undead - Revolution

Full Version: Zombie vs Barrel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like you have an issue with the zombs and the barrels.
The zombs can not be shot/killed while struggling with a barrel.

Had an occation  (This time as this post) , map Store,  they actually lost lost a game due to it.
I dont think it will be the last.

Happening: 
zombs fighting a barrel, The remaining surviviors standing shooting at the zombs , they couldnt be killed.
Then the zombs blew up and the last players got killed.

iT WAS A QUICK GAME... HMM...
I think this is more a problem that is caused by the game engine.
When the bots clip in each other then you only can kill them with a explosion.
This was already from the beginning of the mod.

Just keep distance between you and the barrels Wink
Nope ,.. well ....its also the barrels.

It was 1 zomb on each barrel and the zomb got stuck to it.
I think its also the spawning , like when you only see a head sticking up the ground.

I hope that can be fixed...?
(05-29-2016, 11:33 PM)Soldier . . . Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is more a problem that is caused by the game engine.
When the bots clip in each other then you only can kill them with a explosion.
This was already from the beginning of the mod.

Just keep distance between you and the barrels Wink

Yea, this is what I think.. The game engine can't handle clipped players/zombies..
If 2 entities clip at any part with each other, they ca't be damaged for some reason..

But normally you can still shoot zombies in barreles, because barrels are "non-solid".

(05-30-2016, 06:39 AM)Forau Wrote: [ -> ]Nope ,.. well ....its also the barrels.

It was 1 zomb on each barrel and the zomb got stuck to it.
I think its also the spawning , like when you only see a head sticking up the ground.

I hope that can be fixed...?

Spaning is somethign different.. I have to little "wait-time" for the damage-function when they spawn from the ground..

Because the mainlogic is initialized already, but they can't recieve damage yet... When I add a wait time for main logic, it'll work, I think. 1
"wait time " would prob work,
otherwise we need a shuffle digg em up and to kill them , then bury them again 1
ha ha ha
buy the way...
is there a distance parameter some were to make between object and zomb?,
like they cant get not to close for ex a few centimeters from the barrel, so it has to round the first zomb and more space created so they wont get stuck? ( unless its hundreds of them of cause...)

Or was this a very bad idea....?
(05-30-2016, 05:39 PM)Forau Wrote: [ -> ]buy the way...
is there a distance parameter some were to make between object and zomb?,
like they cant get not to close for ex a few centimeters from the barrel, so it has to round the first zomb and more space created so they wont get stuck? ( unless its hundreds of them of cause...)

Or was this a very bad idea....?

Should be possible.. This already works (or not..) with zombie and zombie.. They should be pushed out of each other
barrels are not penetrable with bullets (just tested it) and zombies still clip in each other.

[Image: 3b6958dc7.jpeg]
These Germans and barrels of beer...
they even build fortresses out of it 17

[Image: 3f11c7.jpeg]
Woopalalalala pfffff tssssssssssss