Reign of the Undead - Revolution

Full Version: Winning Hints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok. I have played ROTU for a while now and found that sometimes you win, but not many times and mostly you lose! Well, here are a few tips I have come across while being on the winning team if you want some help?
  • A good balance of different skill sets. If you only have 2 players, then 1 player Armorer and 1 player medic.
  • Look at the best players we have on the server and learn from them. I have or I am trying.
  • I have learnt a lot from watching Therapy and how he stays alive during the rounds. For instance, if he isn't playing medic, he will seek out someone who is and stay close.
  • Remember, except for Helga levels, the medic is ignored when reviving other players but once this is complete you need to make a quick getaway. Using the bubble when playing other skill while reviving other players is a bonus. If playing scout then either reviving or attacking using the invisible skill makes the zombies unaware of your presence.
  • Teaming up with another player is another good way of getting through a map level successfully.
  • Climbing on vehicles and roofs. Don't do it. Well, not for long anyway because the zombies have a bad habit particularly on roofs of coming up from beneath and biting you on the 'our souls'. Climbing on roofs has a purpose sometimes as an escape route.
  • If you have the required score buy the revive kit (75k points) and keep an eye on the number of players down and then if it gets low, revive yourself. Don't wait until the end levels because once everyone is down that's it! Game over and who knows, you could build your points and buy another revive kit later?
  • Choice of weapons (Rifles). I like to have a rifle as a secondary weapon. With this type of gun, a single shot along a line of zombies will take several out all at once.
  • Choice of weapons (Ice Thrower). Based on the flame thrower, this is a useful tool to block a doorway from zombie entry. Although it can obscure what's going on where it is aimed preventing team mates from a good aim.
  • Choice of weapons (Knife). Always useful for spreading butter on your toast. Other than the Helga level, will someone explain just how useful this weapon is?
  • The new level 17 is very difficult. Getting at Helga with her 2 boyfriends around is pretty much impossible. This is where the scout comes in handy. His/her special ability is to become invisible to the zombies for a short period. This can be used to get up close and personal with the girl of your dreams, sorry nightmares!
  • Again level 17. If no one on the team is a scout then someone has to just get in there while she fires off the blue balls and hit her as many times as you can! Other players can revive you when she moves away. Always have someone hang back and hidden from Helga's booms as this has caught countless players out and finished games at that point while everyone is in the open around her!
  • Another level 17 tip. On the Poker map, there are a couple of tumbler drinking glasses which are very useful. While you can see through them and watch Helga, her booms can't penetrate the glass and the added bonus here is that bullets pass through to the other side. So, you can circle around while Helga is on the opposite side, shoot at her and score points but be safe from her booms! Beware that her bodyguards aren't creeping up behind you.
  • Yet another level 17 tip for the Poker map. Run the lip and stay clear of the zombies on the floor level. Jump up from the dealers chip tray.
  • Level 20. I have noticed that on some maps, everyone gathering together brings all the zombies to one point. If the players split off, it makes it much easier to complete the whole map. Again Fennecks is a good or bad example of this.
  • Here's a little tip I noticed Therapy doing. Level 20 and all hell is breaking lose, Fennecks map. Therapy about 3/4 of the way through the level and has been running around outside that building everyone gathers in, he appears at the shop and puts up a bubble! Why? He gets protection from the bubble while he's refreshing ammo and health and probably getting a revive kit too. I have used this trick a few time since seeing him do this.
  • Level 20. It's no use finishing the game with loads of points. They don't carry over. Why not spend them all on stuff from the shop? Buy cocktails, non-exploding drums if the exploding variety have all gone, anything you can throw at the oncoming swarm of zombies. It might just be the difference between a win or defeat.
Additional Hints
  • When shooting Toxic and feiry zombies near to other players, be careful when you fire. They may be too close to your team mate and take them down. Remember, a medic is ignore during a revive of another player so there is no real need to kill zombies in the medics vicinity.

• Check out the game play guides on how to set up key binds (shortcut keyboard sequences). For instance, have a key bind for putting up a bubble.

• Putting up a bubble costs about 10 energy points per second.

• If you haven't done so already, get premium. It gives you 200 energy points every time you join the map for the first time and each change of map too. Useful for putting up bubbles.

• Here's one I keep forgetting when I have the energy points mentioned above. When on the levels where the booms from certain zombies weaken you and slow your running speed, if Helga or a hitler is on your tail and you can't seem to escape. Flick the bubble on for a few seconds so they ignore you and go away. It will give you chance to regain full speed too.

• Bubble again. If you have to be revived or are reviving another player and... you have enrgy points and aren't a medic who is ignored doing a revive, put up a bubble when the nearby zombie activity is high until it is safe to escape.

• Set up a keybind to drop weapons that may not be your preferred choice. Other players might like to have that weapon because (a) they like using it or (b) they may not have enough credits to buy additional weapons at that time.

• This is one I have seen done on a few occasions. If you are leaving the game and have a pretty decent weapon. You might like to drop it for other players staying in the game?
Thanks to Therapy and Harmony for this one.
  • To stop an early end to the game - When a player has collected the Immune bonus, use it wisely when bashing Helga or the Hitlers making sure to keep them moving otherwise they will make a big boom that will kill everyone on the map (even hidden players sometimes), that's why when a player who is immune is seen bashing Helga or Hitlers, they often ask them to move about a bit.
  • This one I have noticed during a few games. A player during the Helga round will collect the 'blue cross' bubble containing the Immunity bonus but not move in and use it to bash the zombie. Whether it is inexperience of not knowing what to do with that particular bonus or perhaps fear? I don't know.
Extra Hints
  • Dogs and Crawlers - Get down low to the ground. That way they are easier to pick off as the aim is along the length of their body. Watch out for those creeping up behind though!
  • Town Map - Best place for the last stand on level 20. The hotel balcony. You can't miss it as the more experienced players use it already. Watch when you stand on the rail though. I've mistakenly fallen off sometimes and usually the door to the stairs to get back in is surrounded by green gas where the gun turrets are going full blaze!
Anyone have any other good tips please post them below as it seems (or maybe I have missed it) there aren't any posts like this?
Good Tips, I will try 21
Hey CI, I think you meant Armorer and Medic for your first tip, not soldier. That way someone can supply the ammo and the other the health. For the knives, you can throw them and they are one hit kills.
(11-02-2015, 06:06 PM)Evil_EdwardO Wrote: [ -> ]Hey CI, I think you meant Armorer and Medic for your first tip, not soldier. That way someone can supply the ammo and the other the health. For the knives, you can throw them and they are one hit kills.

Edward0 - Of course, you are correct, that's exactly what I meant having ammo and medipack when only 2 players. My error and I have corrected the offending statement. Thanks.
  • Put your rifle in Helga
(11-03-2015, 03:18 PM)Capt Jeremy (FR) Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Put your rifle in Helga

I've tried that. I always seem to come off the worst!
Additional Hints

^^^^ Now moved to the main post at the top. ^^^^
Thanks CI, made this sticky to the top 1
write something about immunity, example when you get it, try to move a bit or these bosses will make a boom and this boom will kill everyone  42
(11-04-2015, 07:17 PM)therapy Wrote: [ -> ]write something about immunity, example when you get it, try to move a bit or these bosses will make a boom and this boom will kill everyone  42

Well,
heres whats fails then...
(11-04-2015, 07:17 PM)therapy Wrote: [ -> ]write something about immunity, example when you get it, try to move a bit or these bosses will make a boom and this boom will kill everyone  42

That's something I didn't know! Are you saying once someone has Immunity From Damage, that Helga and the Hitlers create the booms or the booms are much bigger when the player with immunity is in close proximty to those zombies?
I think what's Pablo want to say is when the Immune player is bashing Helga or the Hitlers he have to keep them moving otherwise they will make a big boom that will kill everyone on the map (even hidden players sometimes), that's why when we see someone bashing Helga or Hitlers we often say to them to move a bit.
(11-05-2015, 11:19 AM)TheHarmonyGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I think what's Pablo want to say is when the Immune player is bashing Helga or the Hitlers he have to keep them moving otherwise they will make a big boom that will kill everyone on the map (even hidden players sometimes), that's why when we see someone bashing Helga or Hitlers we often say to them to move a bit.

Exactly, thx theo!
what happens is that booms also follows to their new spawn point and killing everything around it...
i forgott this explenation...
Pages: 1 2