Reign of the Undead - Revolution

Full Version: How to play ROTU in LAN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I post my question here.
How to play rotu in LAN or SP?
When I connect to the server,I've got error server command overflow or a hight ping (200 or 400).
This mod is unplayable for me and I like to play multiplayer with my friends.
Please help me! 63
For my ping: I live in Normandie.

Sorry for my very bad english(I'm French)
It's not possible to play RotU in Lan..
Children, sit down. It's time for some CoD UO Class.

Now, a server works this way: It send his information (bullets, guns, houses, zombies, textures, etc...) in form of packages. These packages are received by your desktop / laptop. Your desktop / laptop then progresses those packages resulting a fine gameplay. When you got a big mod like this, the server needs to send quite a lot of packages. Sometimes more than your desktop/laptop can process. When that occurs, you'll get the message "Server Command Overflow". Because your desktop / laptop just can't handle all the packages. There are a few reasons why.

First of all, your ping. As you wrote, a 200-400 ping is extremely high. And I find that very strange considering you're from France. If I'm correct, the server is located in Germany. So you should be running with at least a 40-50 ping. I'd suggest you don't open any other games or applications while playing. Or try to get a better fiber. Might be worth checking on a virus too. A virus can affect your MB transfers.

Secondly, your desktop / laptop. I don't know how old your device is. But when you're playing this game on a windows 2000... we're done talking.

Thirdly, your game tweaks. As I wrote before, your device can only progress a certain amount of packages. This is linked with you RAM. Check how much RAM your device has, and divide it in two. Eg: 512MB/2 = 256. Go to the CoD UO main screen, open console and type the following: "seta com_hungmegs ***". Replace the *** by your RAM divided in 2.
Also check your RATE. Standard it should be 25000 which is perfect. Just check by typing "seta rate 25000".
Set your max packages, which will really solve the problem. The less RAM you have, the less max packages. For a normal player, a max of 100 should be enough.
Change this by typing the following in console: seta cl_maxpackets "100". Or less if you have not so much RAM.
Hope that helped.
Thank for your answer,I have a badly connexion.(I live in campaign).
I'm use an ASUS Windows 8 64 bits and I not have any virus.
And my ping is 50-120 for other servers.
And when I launch the server,the game bug my connetion(for 3 day, I pass from 3g at 2g).
I think this is my connection...
Sorry for my bad english and my questions.....
Well I hope you can get it sorted out. Try to do some game tweaks. That might help.
I test your solution later ARC(I have a problem of cd key, my cd key is valid but I have the message cd key in use please... for this time).
Did you buy the key? Or is it from the internet. Try to renew your IP. For example restarting router if you have a dynamic IP.
I not use my valid cd key (I have this problem too with her).
I use an internet cd key (and she works correctly 3/4).
Ok I surrender, my problem are not resolved...Sad
I delet the mod and quit this forum(or no).
Thank for your help.:/
And kill zombie for me please...

CS.Hussard.
There is a solution for this for sure..

Does your cd key work now?
Buy it through steam? That solves your key problem.
My cd key work correctly, this just the other problem 1 (ping, error...).
Open the game, select mod "modsrotuv1" and add the following in console before conencting:

Code:
seta com_hungmegs 512
set cl_maxpackets 100
seta snaps 40
seta rate 25000

after that, try to connect.
This not works...
even with codeSad
When does the error occur? WHile loading the map? Before loading the map?

Do you see the start menu in RotU?
Pages: 1 2