Reign of the Undead - Revolution

Full Version: Coins / Powerups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I noticed is that the coins and powerups spawn outside the map which is of course very annoying. Can something be done about it?

Greetings

|MODS|RicoFlex

[Image: avatar-1141.png]
Hi Rico,

We apologize for this issue, all new maps will have this issue fixed.

Let's see with Fabio if we can solve this problem in the old maps.

Best regards MODS team,
Roy
Good question. We have pointed this out several times. Coins appear in an area where they cannot be defended. But I know the ROTU team is working on it. A bigger problem is possible in players who don’t defend coins and then ask if it’s zero.
maybe by adding numbers to the waypoints (if posible) like:

0 is "not reachable zone"
1 is "player zone"

This way you can create zones.
without you having to change the maps.
(09-13-2020, 01:22 AM)Soldier . . . Wrote: [ -> ]maybe by adding numbers to the waypoints (if posible) like:

0 is "not reachable zone"
1 is "player zone"

This way you can create zones.
without you having to change the maps.

Yes exactly. It's a lot of work doing that manually for old maps. Because we don't know which waypoint is inside, and which outside..

For now I will implement a distance check to zombie spawnpoints. So the Powerups/Coins will spawn with a safe distance to spawns which also means a safe distance to waypoints which are outside the map
But here you already show a layout https://modszombies.com/page-stats-for-nerds/ (Show WayPoints)
Assuming the image is generated by a program. (if someone did it manually then they did a very nice job Wink )
Isn't it possible to show numbers in there.
First I would number them 1 to max waypoints so it's easy to identify every waypoint.
And later to check or every waypoint is appointed to the right zone.
hey Soldier,

- All waypoints are placed manually and may vary according on the map.

- Your idea can work too, but i'm not sure.

Best Regards MODS Team,
Roy
(09-14-2020, 04:28 PM)Soldier . . . Wrote: [ -> ]But here you already show a layout https://modszombies.com/page-stats-for-nerds/ (Show WayPoints)
Assuming the image is generated by a program. (if someone did it manually then they did a very nice job Wink )
Isn't it possible to show numbers in there.
First I would number them 1 to max waypoints so it's easy to identify every waypoint.
And later to check or every waypoint is appointed to the right zone.

Yes, I can do that. But we can't check if the waypoint is inside or outside the map. We would always have to check the map ingame and indentify the waypoints.. :/
yes when powerup or coins are outside it is possible only for plasmagun users